Monday, November 12, 2007

I came across several great magazines tonight while drinking an Italian Soda and chatting with new friends. But one stood out. It is called Metro.Pop. (http://www.metrodotpop.com/)
I was excited by its focus on young artists and the depth of articles (As opposed to the ad-ridden magazine movement). Great photos. Great reads. Check it out.

I am a little bit ancy of late. I am wanting to get plugged in with students. I want to be able to just hang out with kids and talk about life. I want to invest. Hopefully I connect with something soon.

Dynamics of personalities always facinates me. How some people just connect and others take so much effort to create a connection. Just when you think you have done all the growing a person can do, you realize you have only just begun the process. We are constantly forced to bend and flex with others. Sometimes to the point in which you ask yourself when can I just be that stubborn old grumpy woman? At what age do I get to throw in the towel and just speak my mind freely - no reservations.

God. I have been experiencing God in some pretty crazy ways. He feels more real to me now than he did when I had my check list in place. He is so present in my everyday. I don't know where I would be without him to be honest. I sometimes find myself just rambling to him about the most random things...and what is strange is he cares. He is listening.

Well this was a little random and all over the place but it felt good to write.
I think I need to spend more time writing and pursuing my creative dreams...

1 comments:

Joshua Weichhand said...

Don't throw in the towel when you're old. No one wants to see a naked old lady.