Monday, December 3, 2007

windsor knots and brain wrecking thoughts

I could not ask for a better weekend. I got to do so many things I love with people I love. I started out the weekend by spending some quality time with the future house members of Mean Girls Manor. We went down to the parade of lights downtown with a little help from our friend - Peppermint Schnapps. We saw floats, old men dancing, and I almost yelled that Santa wasn't real. But actually practiced a little self-restraint for the kids' sake. We fell asleep to Mean Girls and good talks.

Saturday I spent the day riding at Copper which got dumped on. J and his class were up there. And so it was great to see his friends as well as go boarding for the first time with him. Not bad. I was impressed. He and I hit up the J.Crew outlet and then sat for a good three hours in traffic. love it.

Church was good for me Sunday. I was frustrated/irritable. And it just was so great to be surrounded by a community of people that are passionate. We watched the Colts game afterwards. Sarah and I drew pictures and talked about pretty much a bunch of nonsence while the rest of the group had deep discussions about religeon and politics. I am going to love living with that girl! (plus we have the same shoe size...priceless)

Sunday night J took me out...on a date...it was so sweet. We got dressed up in Holiday fashion. I am not gonna lie...we were smokin'. :) Well at least he was.



So the weekend was great. It was good to have that after such a strange week. I had a conversation that just frustrated me to death. I felt like nothing I said in that conversation was heard or meaningful. I think I should have just shut up and listen. And then ended the conversation. I don't know why it all bothered me so much other than the fact that I think there should be a general respect for people whether you "love" them or not. Anyone you encounter should be another opportunity to show Christ's love and compassion. I know I fell short in that because I allowed my frustration with how the entire thing was handled to take over my heart.



I have a lot to work on. I need to pursue the Lord. I need to pursue His love and a better understanding of who He is and what it means to follow Him. A never ending process.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you're a never ending process.

Crystal Kitten said...

oh gracious. can i tell you how much you're loved too?